Friday 7 August 2015

Grasse, day 2 - 7th August 2015

Temptation is everywhere here. Mainly in gastronomic form - pastries, ice cream, cheese, wine. Then there's the shopping. But the biggest temptation of all is to scratch the itchy bites I've sustained, the critters! I've tried the natural, citronella based repellent and the high strength stuff, but they've still found a way to suck my blood. Grrrr.

On a positive note, I feel more rested after my slow day yesterday. Today is going to be similar. I plan to sunbathe this morning before the sun gets too hot, then I'm going to learn how to make perfume. 

There are a few major perfume factories located here and as well as tours, they offer a range of perfume making workshops. I'm going to go with the quickie at Molinard, which is a 30 minute workshop, costs €30 and you get to take home 30ml of your own concoction. I also have a backup plan to buy a scent I found in Fragonard yesterday, should my efforts turn out to be below par.

No comments:

Post a Comment