Tuesday 4 August 2015

Gorge du Verdon - Apprehension and Anxiety in Aix, 4th August 2015

I had real 'shall I?' / 'shan't I?' dilemmas about this one yesterday. Gorge du Verdon is a place I'd like to see. I've pinned pictures of it on Pinterest and it looks really spectacular. The problem is that it is not easy to get to. I originally looked into going on an organised tour, much as I can't usually bear them, but there is no availability tomorrow and tomorrow is the only day I can do. I thought about bottling out and putting it on the 'another day' list, but instead I've hired a car (much cheaper, bonus!). I'm a bit apprehensive but I don't really know why. I've driven in France before, alone, and the very fact I'm on this trip at all shows I am a little bit brave (stupid?).

On the other hand, I'm also excited to see some more of Provence up close. Having done some research on the route, it takes me through the lavender region. I may have missed most of the blooms, but you never know... I also don't know what else I'd do in town if I didn't go, so that's it, I'm going.

Pictures below are pinched off Pinterest to remind me why I'm doing this:








No comments:

Post a Comment