Friday 10 July 2015

Post-Op

Feeling a bit groggy, post general anaesthetic but happy I invested in this Boden beauty to float about in whilst recovering. It will also be perfect for my upcoming European tour.

I had a lump in my right breast removed today. It was a minor, day case, and the surgeon isn't concerned - just 'seeing it though'. But for me it was a pretty major event. I'm not good at medical stuff, I'm not good at being looked after and I'm not good at being out of action. 

The surgeon was capable, efficient and matter-of-fact, the anaesthetist calm, clear and caring, the nurses kind, super-lovely and just brilliant. My home team (boyfriend, sisters, mum and friends) are ensuring I feel loved, well fed and supported. Perhaps I can learn to embrace what comes with allowing myself to be more vulnerable after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment