Wednesday 1 July 2015

Day One



1st July 2015 - day one of my self-imposed unemployment. Or to put it another way, day one of my life reboot. How do I feel? To be honest, mostly numb and mildly hungover. I don't know what I expected to feel - excited, liberated, fearful, gung-ho? Maybe that'll come later. After all, part of the point of this whole exercise is to learn to just be. To give myself time and space to think, dream and allow new ideas, or old squashed ones, to come to the surface.

Annoyingly, or perhaps conveniently, I sprained my ankle playing netball two nights ago so I'm forced to stay at home, foot in the air, allowing the swelling to subside. Perhaps this is part of the point too - instead of doing my usual thing of rushing onto the next task without stopping to work out if it is something I really want to do, or just a way to pass the time, I am staying still.

I'm very pleased to say that the weather is playing its part in the show that is 'taking the summer off'. It's hot and sunny so I'm working on my base tan in preparation for some travels at the end of the month. More on that later. I'm now hobbling off to deadhead some flowers. And I think it is nearly time for a G&T.

(Health disclaimer - I'm slathered in SFP (Aldi brand, I'm on a serious budget now and it has 5 UVA stars) and I'm on my fourth pint of water)

No comments:

Post a Comment