Tuesday 15 September 2015

What Shall I do Today?

I woke up this morning, naturally, no alarm needed, with nothing to do. 

There are chores I could do, there always are, but apart from a netball match at 8pm, I have no commitments, no plans and no ties.

My immediate thought was how on earth will I occupy my day? And tomorrow and the day after? 

My next thought was 'stop'! This void is important, I mustn't fall into the trap of filling time with tasks in a misguided way of making myself feel productive. 

Instead, I need to use this space constructively and channel my boredom. This is a prime opportunity to think about what I would really like to do with my time and whether once I've worked this out, it is something I can earn a living doing. 

I don't know if I will come up with any answers but today I am going to try give my buried thoughts and dreams a rare chance to float to the surface. 


No comments:

Post a Comment